The Desert Spear is the second book in The Demon Cycle. It is preceded by The Painted Man and followed by The Daylight War. It is also the name given to Fort Krasia, the first capital of Krasia in the Krasian desert.
From Penguin Random House:
- The sun is setting on humanity. The night now belongs to voracious demons that prey upon a dwindling population forced to cower behind half-forgotten symbols of power. Legends tell of a Deliverer: a general who once bound all mankind into a single force that defeated the demons. But is the return of the Deliverer just another myth? Perhaps not. Out of the desert rides Ahmann Jardir, who has forged the desert tribes into a demon-killing army. He has proclaimed himself Shar'Dama Ka, the Deliverer, and he carries ancient weapons—a spear and a crown—that give credence to his claim. But the Northerners claim their own Deliverer: the Warded Man, a dark, forbidding figure. Once, the Shar'Dama Ka and the Warded Man were friends. Now they are fierce adversaries. Yet as old allegiances are tested and fresh alliances forged, all are unaware of the appearance of a new breed of demon, more intelligent—and deadly—than any that have come before.
- Arlen Bales
- Leesha Paper
- Rojer Inn
- Ahmann Jardir
- Renna Tanner
- Jeph Bales
- The Mind Demon
See also Edit
- Amazon (US) The Desert Spear: Book Two of The Demon Cycle Hardcover – April 13, 2010 by Peter V. Brett (Author)
- Amazon (UK) The Desert Spear (The Demon Cycle, Book 2) Hardcover – 5 Apr 2010 by Peter V. Brett (Author)
- Amazon (US) The Desert Spear: Book Two of The Demon Cycle Mass Market Paperback – March 1, 2011 by Peter V. Brett (Author)
- Amazon (UK) The Desert Spear (The Demon Cycle, Book 2) (Demon Cycle 2) Paperback – 31 Jan 2013 by Peter V. Brett (Author)